Sunday, August 7, 2016

Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus


Wait, can I just say one word.... YUM! This is one of my favorite flavor combinations and I love anything you can eat pita bread with. So voila! A masterpiece.



This is my first time making hummus, and it was so easy. So easy. It's just throwing everything together and blending it until you get... hummus.


I used to constantly buy the cilantro jalapeño hummus at Trader Joe's––just about every two days to keep it stocked in my fridge. It's one of those snacks that you start eating and can't quite stop until it's completely gone. You either run out of hummus or pita, and either way it's kind of a disaster.

I've been making my own pita bread recently as well, and you should also know that this is incredibly easy to make too. There's some kind of joy in watching those little pita's get all puffy in the oven. Then you tear them apart and all the warm air comes out from the soft pillows and it just warms my heart.


          Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus

          serves 4  |  time: 5 minutes

          2 cups canned chickpeas
          1 cup cilantro
          1 jalapeño
          juice of 1 lime
         1/2 cup olive oil
         chickpea water 

         Pita Bread Recipe: Homemade Pita Bread

Drain chickpeas and reserve extra water from the can. Seed and roughly chop jalapeño.

Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse together. Add chickpea water through top until desired consistency is reached.

Serve with warm pita bread.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Elegantly Improvised
Maira Gall